Thursday, April 05, 2007

AdSense FAQ

How do I sign up?
Go here and click on "Click Here to Apply".

How long do I have to wait to get accepted?
If you get accepted it'll be 48-72 hours to get a response.

I've been waiting for more than 3 days!
By that do you mean 4 days? If so, be a little bit more patient. They will send you an email whether you've been accepted or not so just.be.patient.

I have a Google Pages website. How do I put AdSense on?
You can't. GP currently does not have this enabled.

What placement and colours should I go with?
You should play around with the colours and placements till you find something that fits and makes you profit.

50 clicks and only $3!! WTF?!?
The rates change all the time and it's different for everyone. What gets you one penny a click may get me one dollar a click and so on.
Also, the same ad may not be the same rate the next day or the next hour even.

Can I edit the ad code?
Nope. Well you can but it will get you automatically banned.

Will I get banned if I put YPN, Bidvertiser or some other program on, too?
Yes. This is against their TOS.

Is it possible to make over $100 a day? How long will it take?
Of course this is possible. There are people making thousands a day. If done right, could take only a few months, maybe even less.

How do I get more impressions?
Get more traffic. Your CTR is based on how many times the pages of your website with AdSense on them are visited/reloaded.

I got 1,000 impressions but no money.
Google AdSense follows the CPC model which means you make money with clicks, not impressions. Though you may see you make a penny or two with no clicks. This is due to impressions.

How do I avoid getting banned?
Follow their TOS and Program Policy to a T. AdSense usually warns once then just bans you with no other warning if you haven't adjusted your ads to how they see fit.

I got banned! How do I get unbanned?
You get reinstated by contacting Google with information supporting your end of the dispute. Having AdLogger or something similar will help you dramatically. Let them know you've never violated their TOS by clicking your own ads or anything of the sort. If you've reported suspicious behaviour with the ads you're running on your site(click fraud or something similar), let them know you did this. They have records, too. Make sure you tell them, not ask, to check their records to make sure you are not at fault. If you are though, no sense trying. Like I said, they have records.



Teh Lingo:

CTR- Click Through Rate
CPC- Cost Per Click
PPC- Pay Per Click
eCPM- Cost per 1000 impressions.




I'll add to this when I figure more stuff out and I'm more bored.

No comments: